It’s the year 2013! But still, nothing on the web can create excitement and send a message like video. I think as businesses, we all realize the merits of having an explainer video or product video. They’re amazing vehicles for your product and brand.
If you’re an analytical person who wants to see some hard data, Kissmetrics found: Viewers are anywhere from 64-85% more likely to buy after watching a product video. And more data.
So let’s make one!
In our quest to find the best explanatory video production companies, we did some research to see who was making all these great videos for big and small companies alike. In our research, we found there are a lot of small video production shops that can get the job done, but only a handful of them are in the premier leagues. You’ll find them listed here.
If you want to play in the pens of Apple and AirBnB, you might want to check out who made their videos and get in touch. (Credits shown under each video.) If cost is an issue, find a company that can make the style you’re looking for, whether it’s stop motion, animation, hand-drawn, or live action. There are lots and lots of them.
You can find a local one by searching on Google. For example, check out the Common Craft Explainer Video Network. They helped Dropbox.
Another thing I noticed is almost all explainer videos are hosted on Vimeo and/or YouTube; now Wista is getting quite popular. Some companies like Facebook and GoInstant use Amazon, Akamai, or VidYard.
This content is fully accurate as of Jan 30th, 2013.
Kera’s Top 50 Product Overview Explainer Videos Part 1
The Top 1-25
1. Google Wallet (Concept Video and How It Works Video) Who made it: http://planetnutshell.com
2. Foursquare Concept VideoWho made it: http://nicholasbrave.com
It’s awesome. Watch it. Full Screen.
5. Spotify iPad Product VideoWorks with: http://www.identityworks.se
Who made it: Johannes Ring (In-House)
Great use of music. Obviously.
6. Dollar Shave Club Welcome VideoWho made it: http://paulilu.com
This is funny shit. Viral.
8. Square Product VideoWho made it: http://sandwichvideo.com
9. Apple iPad Product VideoWho made it: http://tbwachiatday.com
10. Venmo Concept VideoWho made it: http://tjwalthall.com
11. Box Intro & Crunchies Video Who made it: http://transvideo.com
12. Facebook Like Explanatory VideoWho made it: http://www.epipheo.com
13. PadMapperWho made it: http://grumomedia.com
14. Mint Web Product Overview VideoWho made it: http://transvideo.com
15. Trello Product Overview VideoWho made it: In-house?
16. Hipmunk Hotels Launch VideoWho made it: http://grumomedia.com
17. SkyDrive How It Works VideoWho made it: http://planetnutshell.com
18. Google (Chrome OS) Concept VideoWho made it: http://www.epipheo.com
19. Klout Explainer VideoWho made it: In-house?
20. Amazon Cloud Drive Intro VideoWho made it: http://www.epipheo.com
21. Google (Google Plus) Product VideoWho made it: http://www.epipheo.com
22. Trulia iPhone Demo VideoWho made it: http://www.demoduck.com
23. SendGrid Product Tour VideoWho made it: http://www.revolution-productions.com
24. Seamless iPad Product VideoWho made it: http://www.illustrateitvideo.com
25. GoInstant Product Tour VideoWho made it: http://www.launchsparkvideo.com
More videos and discussion:
Startup Videos: Showcasing The Best Startup Videos
Taige Zhang (Product Marketing at Kera)
Follow me on Twitter @taigeair